But it’s totally true. Right?
You know the story - something happened to your best friend's 3rd cousin and OMG it’s sooo true. And yet.
On today’s episode, the GenX Stories gang starts season 3 digging into all our favorite urban myths. Where did they come from? How did we find out ? And why did we believe them?
From Mikey dying from mixing pop rocks and Coke, to gerbil adventures, to UFO’s & Nessie, and even the birth of fake news, we’re on it. But just in case, have that Ouija board handy, cuz you never know.
- What is an urban myth?
- 20 urban legends Americans can't stop talking about
- How the Explosive 'Pop Rocks and Coke' Legend Destroyed an Iconic Candy Brand
- Passing notes in the 80s
- Aesop's fables
- Brothers Grimm
- From the Beatles to Phil Collins, 13 Biggest Urban Legends Tied to Top Music Hits
- The Great Kidney-Snatch Myth
- Razors in the apple during Halloween never happened
- How the Tylenol murders of 1982 changed the way we consume medication
- History of Gerbiling
- Calls coming from inside the house
- Bubble Yum and spider eggs
- Anatomy of a Fake News Scandal: Pizzagate
- 20 Years Later, the Y2K Bug Seems Like a Joke—Because Those Behind the Scenes Took It Seriously
- Media Bias Chart
- A Definitive Guide to the Bronx Zoo Cobra Meme