Can Congress & The Fed Stick The Landing?
On today's Macrocast, Tony Fratto and Brendan Walsh are joined by Ben Koltun, Director of Research at Beacon Policy Advisors, LLC, to discuss the state of reconciliation efforts in Congress and how—once again—Sens. Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) are at the center of it all. The crew also dives into recent news coming out of the Federal Reserve, which is looking to stick the landing between curbing inflation and averting a recession.
- Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-AZ) "throws cold water on BBB revival"
- Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) supported a $1.5 trillion topline Build Back Better figure with offsets
- Governor Lael Brainard's Federal Reserve speech on inflation
- Walmart to Pay First-Year Truck Drivers as Much as $110,000
- Upcoming Bank of Canada Interest Rate Announcement and Monetary Policy Report on 4/13