DiscoverThe Mould ShowCan the mould in blue cheese be as harmful as mould in the house?
Can the mould in blue cheese be as harmful as mould in the house?

Can the mould in blue cheese be as harmful as mould in the house?

Update: 2020-10-30
Share

Description

When we see mould on our food our immediate reaction is to throw it away. To us, it is an indication that the food has turned bad, and we assume that food would not taste the same because fermentation has started. Along with this, we begin to question the texture, aroma and appearance of the food.

However, we sometimes see mould as a delicious component of some of our favourite indulgences.

Mould is, of course, responsible for the speckles within blue cheese and its characteristic saltiness and sharpness. It is caused by the cultivation of various Penicillium moulds.

Mould can be seriously harmful to us, especially to those who suffer from an allergy to it, so is there a heightened risk from eating blue cheese?

So, what causes the body to react to an allergy?

Read more on the blog: https://www.drcameronjones.com/blog/can-the-mould-in-blue-cheese-be-as-harmful-as-mould-in-the-house

Comments 
In Channel
loading
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store
00:00
00:00
x

0.5x

0.8x

1.0x

1.25x

1.5x

2.0x

3.0x

Sleep Timer

Off

End of Episode

5 Minutes

10 Minutes

15 Minutes

30 Minutes

45 Minutes

60 Minutes

120 Minutes

Can the mould in blue cheese be as harmful as mould in the house?

Can the mould in blue cheese be as harmful as mould in the house?

Dr Cameron Jones