Cancel This: GenX to The Rescue?
Irony is rich as the podcast gang takes on GenX being summoned into the latest cancel culture kerfuffle. Seriously - have they met us? From the PC battles of our youth with Tipper Gore and PMRC to the recent “cancellations” of Mr. Potato Head, Dr Seuss and Pepe Le Pew, we have a ton of opinions.
For even more GenX perspective, we’ve added some wayyyyy unfiltered thoughts from our FB group community. Thanks to Nikita, Spam, Alan, Allison, Krystee, Trish, Carrie, Christine & Rob for a kick-ass discussion on how our generation really feels about cancel culture.
So, listen or not. Whatever.
- Cancel culture is out of control — and Gen X is our only hope
- Zero Hour for Gen X: How the Last Adult Generation Can Save America from Millennials
- Conservative media calls on Gen X to save us from ‘cancel culture’ and Gen X responds, cancel that
- Gen X Would Very Much Like To Be Left Out of These Meaningless “Cancel Culture” Conversations
- Fox News asked Gen X to 'stop cancel culture' and the responses are simply hilarious
- Why Attacking ‘Cancel Culture’ And ‘Woke’ People Is Becoming The GOP’s New Political Strategy
- Tipper Gore and the PMRC “explicit” labeling in 1985
- We knew it as PC
- When did “cancel culture” come into play?
- What happened to the Dixie Chicks
- Dr. Seuss's six books being removed
- John Stewart on Crossfire
- Stats say Gen X might be more conservative than we think
- Emmanuel Acho to replace the Bachelor host
- Uncomfortable conversations with a Black Man