Case 14: Sophie Elliott (PART I)
EDITOR'S NOTE: This episode was recorded on new equipment and we did not get an ideal recording. We learnt a lot of lessons though. We hope the quality isn't too distracting from the information for all you audiophiles out there. Much love, TCNZ.
DUNEDIN. OTAGO. “I then heard the door being unlocked so I opened it and stepped into a small bedroom. In front of me, to my left, was the body of a young Caucasian female on the floor. She was covered in blood around her neck and upper torso. A male was standing with his hands by his sides at the end of the bed next to the body. I said to this person, ‘What have you done?’ To which he replied, ‘I killed her.’
Visit www.truecrimenz.com for additional information on this case. Including a transcript of this episode, with supporting pictures, sources, and credits.
If any of this is sounding familiar, or you are a victim of domestic abuse -- please know that help is available:
- Women’s Refuge crisis | 0800 733 843 - 24 hours
- Family violence information line | 0800 456 450
- Shine National Helpline | 0508 744 633 - 9am to 11pm
- Shakti – for women from migrant and refugee communities | 0800 742 584 - 24 hours
- National network of stopping violence | 03 391 0048
- Elder Abuse Helpline | 0800 32 668 65 - 24 hours
- Gandhi Nivas | 0800 426 344