Cathy Brown: Cooking, Walking, Zombies and Morris Dancing
Cooking, Walking, Zombies and Morris Dancing with Cathy Brown, former Exec Director of Engage for Success
Listen to the Show Below and Here’s What We Recommended:
- Fitbit – for exercise encouragement and an element of, maybe not competition, but interest at least in others to keep it going
- Couch to 5K – to get you running in a gradual, incremental way (and don’t forget the zombies!)
- Google Calendar – for managing a complicated household and work schedule
- Todoist – for managing task lists and keeping up with everything you’ve got to do
- Gallup’s StrengthsFinder – for identifying your strengths to enable you to do more of what you’re good at
- Meditation with John Kabat-Zinn – for meditation and mindfulness
- ‘Better than Before – Mastering the Habits of our Every Day Live‘ – Gretchen Rubin
- ‘The Happiness Project‘ – Gretchen Rubin
- ‘The Road to Character‘ – David Brooks
Routines and Rituals
- Cooking to relax
- Walking with her partner to relax and debrief on the day as well as to get some exercise outdoors
- Listening to podcasts
- Reading to learn, explore and satisfy curiosity
- Listening to live music and perhaps playing and dancing too!
- Not being late
- 3 Rs of routines, rules and rituals – and not forgetting Cathy’s extra R of being a Rebel!
- Cathy and her partner seeing their complicated family eating arrangements of two vegetarians, one gluten free and one who doesn’t eat any vegetables whatsoever, as an opportunity rather than an obstruction
The post Cathy Brown: Cooking, Walking, Zombies and Morris Dancing appeared first on POWER to Live More.
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store