Change Absolutely Everything With One Hack – Robert Waldinger, M.D. : 1010
IN THIS EPISODE OF THE HUMAN UPGRADE™… you’ll meet Robert Waldinger, M.D., who leads an extraordinary scientific study on happiness that’s still going strong after eight decades. The study set out to understand human health by what made people thrive.
Since 1938, the Harvard Study of Adult Development has tracked two groups of men and their families with the goal of discovering what really makes for a good life. Along the way, thousands of questions were asked, and hundreds of measurements were taken—from brain scans to blood work. Three strong themes emerged from the study:
- Social connections are really good for you. Loneliness kills.
- It’s the quality of your close relationships that matters.
- Good close relationships don’t just protect your body, they protect your brain.
Dr. Waldinger combined those lifelong case studies with modern psychological research in his new book, co-authored with Marc Schulz, Ph.D., “The Good Life: Lessons from the World's Longest Scientific Study of Happiness." This discussion gives you real-life tools to hack your happiness. You’ll learn things like:
- how relationships improve your physical, mental and emotional health. (More than you know!)
- how to evaluate the effect of your relationships on your well-being. (Don’t be dragged down.)
- what social fitness is and how to practice it. (Yes, it’s a flex.)
- ways to enliven and energize your relationships. (Energy totally matters.)
- why casual and work relationships matter more than you think. (A surprisingly big contribution.)
Watch this episode on YouTube!
Don’t Miss This! Dr. Waldinger’s TEDtalk about the study is one of TED’s Top 10 episodes and viewed more than 43 million times.
WE APPRECIATE OUR PARTNERS. CHECK THEM OUT!
Energize Your Brain & Body: https://nootopia.com/davegenius, use code DAVE10 to get an extra 10% off
Clear Out Zombie Cells with Senolytics: https://neurohacker.com/dave, code ASPREY to get an additional 15% off
9th Annual Biohacking Conference: Come join like-minded people June 22-24 in Orlando, Florida, for three days of awesome! You’ll learn from dozens of experts at an amazing event that’s designed to upgrade every area of your life.https://biohackingconference.com