Change is in the air
Hear what's new from Jon and Justin on their bootstrapping journey:
- Nothing like throwing yourself down a mountain when you're tired
- We're seeing a big increase in support tickets here at the end of August
- Justin has a theory: more support tickets is leading indicator for an increase in revenue
- "When people have 'summer brain' they don't want to think about work."
- Jon's learned some things about how enterprise sales really work
- Listener Sarah McMullin gave us some great advice on enterprise sales as well
- Jon tells us about doing the Ironman in Traverse City and how much time he spent in the penalty box
- How does Slack and Tuple do enterprise billing?
- We're going to try to use the "Shape Up" philosophy for making business decisions too.
- Justin's thinking about how Transistor can clarify its positioning: “Who is this for?” “What challenge are they facing?” “How does your product help overcome the challenge?”
- April Dunford on positioning: the market categories we choose make it easier to market the product. "People make decisions based on what they already know."
- Dark mode player coming soon!
- "Unix came about because Bell Labs hired smart people and gave them the freedom to amuse themselves, trusting that their projects would be useful more often than not." – Unix at 50
★ Thanks to our sponsors:
ActiveCampaign. Get the world's most advanced marketing & sales automation platform. Use the code activecampaign.com/buildyoursaas and get two months free + 2 free One-on-Ones!
New: Honeybadger. A web developer's secret weapon! Modern error management that gives you more than an email and a backtrace. They also have an amazing podcast: FounderQuest.
- Traverse City Ironman
- Thanks to Sarah McMullin for her enterprise sales advice
Capiche – transparency in enterprise sales
Shape Up (Basecamp)
How to build your storybrand (book by Donald Miller)
Badass! (book by Kathy Sierra)
April Dunford on positioning (Live in the Feast podcast)
Unix at 50 (Ars Technica)
You can reply to this podcast here:
Leave a comment on PodHunt; it's like Reddit, but for podcasts.
Leave a comment on Breaker, the podcast app for iPhone.
- Otherwise, get us on Twitter: @transistorfm or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to our monthly supporters:
- Russell Brown
- Evandro Sasse
- Pradyumna Shembekar (PD)
- Noah Prail
- David Colgan
- Robert Simplicio
- Colin Gray alitu.com
- Josh Smith
- Ivan Curkovic
Brian Rhea (Pronounced “Ray”)
- Miguel Piedrafita
- Shane Smith
- Austin Loveless
- Simon Bennett
- Corey Haines
- Michael Sitver
- Paul Jarvis and Jack Ellis
- Dan Buda danbuda.com
- Darby Frey
- Samori Augusto
- Dave Young
- Brad from Canada
- Sammy Schuckert
- Dan Ericson
- Mike Walker
- Adam DuVander
- Dave Giunta (JOOnta)
- Kyle Fox GetRewardful.com
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store