Character Traits of Enduring Leaders with Don Frericks
This week Mike discusses leadership with one of his long-time mentors and advisors, Don Frericks, founder of Don Frericks Leadership Coaching. In this inspiring discussion they share key take-aways for every leader at every level of an organization.
They share insights about
- Key character elements of people who rise to the surface during difficult times
- The importance of a communication plan
- How to convey empathy and sustain trust, especially during a crisis.
Don says that every leader should be asking themselves one key question--find out what it is by listening to this inspiring conversation! (4:05 )
Mike imparts practical tips for business leaders who are making tough decisions about their talent. He and Don discuss:
- What factors to consider when making tough talent decisions (6:03 )
- How to show empathy when you are struggling with your own uncertainty (6:03 )
- Valuable leadership communication tactics that will convey confidence even if you don’t know what the future will bring. (6:50 , 9:33 )
Mike and Don agree that every leader needs to acknowledge that how they communicate right now is how they will be remembered in the short-term and the long-term. (12:13 )
How do you want to be remembered through this crisis?
Many organizations need to cut back on coaching and professional development. Mike and Don offer effective techniques to
- Continue development even if you don’t have cash flow right now (15:41 )
- Communicate your long-term vision for development, even if that involves short-term discontinuation (17:29 )
- Convey your messaging so that it will be heard accurately. (20:30 )
Mike and Don call to action all people to lead, regardless of their title. “Leadership is not a title; it is an opportunity.” (27:20 )
You won’t want to miss this tactical discussion! LISTEN NOW!
Please share your thoughts, questions, comments at https://www.speakpipe.com/talentmagnet
Register for upcoming webinars to help you work through critical times and lead well here: https://www.talentmagnetinstitute.com/webinar