Clap When You Land Book Club
For this month’s book club, we read Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo. We absolutely loved this book. It’s prose, written in verse, which makes the story even more engaging (and the lines more powerful and poignant). This is the story of two 16 year old girls, Yahaira and Camino who lose their father in a plane crash. Both girls (growing up in New York City and the Dominican Republic, respectively) grow up loving their father and having a close relationship with him. But upon his death, they learn of each other. The book tells each of their stories and struggles. We absolutely loved this book and enjoyed discussing it!
Join in the discussion on the Facebook Group.
And tomorrow be on the lookout for a bonus episode with the author - Elizabeth Acevedo!
What we’re reading this week:
- How to be an Anti-Racist by Ibrim X Kendi
- Big Friendship by Aminatou Sow and Ann Friedman (comes out 7/14)
- The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead
- Home Before Dark by Riley Sager
- The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
- So You want to Talk about Race by Ijeoma Oluo
- Prose: Go to prose.com/bop to get 15% off your first order.
- Check out Bookable wherever you get your podcasts
Join our FB group for amazing book recs & more!
Like and subscribe to RomComPods. Available wherever you listen to podcasts.
Visit Grace’s blog, The Stripe. New posts daily!