Co-Parenting With a Narcissist Without Losing Your Mind. Dr. Rhoberta Shaler
You've divorced a #narcissist, a #Hijackal®. That was difficult, no doubt.
Now, you're settling in--or trying to settle in--to some kind of reasonable co-parenting model. That's tough, too.
I know, I've done it.
It's not easy to co-parent with a #narcissist.
It's not what you expected to have to do.
You're still resentful about the relationship, and devastated by the divorce.
BIG RULE: Never make your children feel like pawns, messengers, or casualties of your divorce.
Yes, that's tough, too, but it is SO important.
In a perfect world, after divorce, your children would only know that life is more peaceful with two homes, and that they miss the parent they are not with. That's it. That's how it should go.
When you have divorced a narcissist, that's not the way it goes, right?
In this episode, I'm giving you the 5 IDEALS for conscious co-parenting
AND, the 10 REALITIES of co-parenting with a narcissist, co-parenting with a Hijackal.
I promised in the episode to give you the five positive affirmations to keep in mind here in writing.
- I am the model I want my children to follow. Therefore, everything I do and say demonstrates who I want my children to strive towards becoming.
- I communicate with my ex in the way I wish for him/her to communicate with me. I choose collaboration and conversation, over conflict and acrimony.
- I focus on my children and what keeps them healthy--physically, mentally, and emotionally. That includes doing what is in their best interests first.
- I turn my attention from what I don't like about my ex to what s/he does well for the children. It's about the kid, not what my personal issues are with my ex.
- I allow my children to enjoy their childhood and ensure they're only concerned with age-appropriate thoughts, feelings, and actions. I protect them from being pawns, messengers, and casualties of my divorce.
I clarify the realities of co-parenting with toxic people, and give you ten insights that will help you save your santiy.
Read the highlights below, and listen in. Subscribe so you'll receive every episode to help you stay clear about what is really going on.
I WANT TO HELP YOU FIGURE OUT WHAT'S GOING ON AND WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT!
If you want to learn more, share, ask questions, and feel more powerful within yourself and your relationships. Join my Optimize Circles now.
Off social media, safe discussion + videos + articles + webinars + personal home study program + group Ask Me Anything Calls with me.
WOW! Join now. OptimizeCircles.com Only $5 for the first month at any level.
HIGHLIGHTS OF TODAY'S EPISODE:
- 5 Ideals of Co-parenting
- 10 Realities of Co-parenting with a narcissistic #Hijackal
- How to keep your head above water while saving your sanity when co-parenting
- Why and How to be the most sane parent in the narcissist mix
Enjoy my other podcast, Emotional Savvy: The Relationship Help Show, here, or wherever you like to find your podcasts.
Listen to today's episode, and, if by chance, you're still wondering if you have had a #Hijackal in your life, grab my
FREE EBOOK, How to Spot a Hijackal® at Hijackals.com . You need to know what's up now, so you don't make mistakes that will hurt you. Grab it!
If you need help with any part of the journey with--and from--a #Hijackal, I'm here for you. Let's talk soon. I make it easy and accessible for you to have your first one-hour session with me for only $97.
Make positive changes NOW.
Rhoberta Shaler, PhD,
The Relationship Help Doctor
P.S. Subscribe to my newsletter, Tips for Relationships, HERE.
WANT THE PRIVACY AND SAFETY OF MY SUPPORT & GROWTH GROUPS AWAY FROM FACEBOOK?
You can have that, and:
- access to my Optimize Circles
- my 21 Steps to Empowered Emotional Savvy program
- monthly "Ask Me Anything" calls, sometimes two
- at least monthly insightful videos and access to the library
You can get most of this right now for the price of one latte a month! This offer is going away soon, and the prices will double. Join now!
CONNECT WITH DR. RHOBERTA SHALER:
Weekly live stream show, Help for Toxic Relationships, on Mondays at 6 PM Pacific Time.
Subscribe now on YouTube. Hit the notification bell to get reminders.
Ask your questions in the chat each week!
You can also listen to the last 32 episodes of Save Your Sanity on Mental Health News Radio Network. That's a great place to get in-depth insights for shoring up mental and emotional health of all kinds.
#co-parenting #co-parentingwithnarcissist #putthechildrenfirst #parentingwithanarcissist
#saveyoursanity #coercivecontrol #narcissisticabuse #toxicnarcissist #leavinganarcissist #hijackals #saveyoursanity #Hijackals #verbalabuse #passive-aggressive #toxicpeople #emotionalabuse #RhobertaShaler #narcissists #borderlines #antisocial #sociopath #difficultpeople #toxicrelationships #manipulativepeople #walkingoneggshells #mentalhealth #emotionalhealth #toxicpeople