Coding Sequela to COVID-19: Part II
Once a frequent flyer with all the attendant privileges, senior healthcare consultant Deborah Grider was abruptly grounded when COVID-19 curtailed her coast-to-coast consulting.
She first reported on her sequela from the coronavirus infection, the disease that causes COVID-19, for Talk Ten Tuesdays listeners in July. Now, she will return to the long-running broadcast to report on several other conditions that have arisen. About one in six people who have survived COVID-19 are expected to have long-lasting complications, including some that are life-threatening.
The live broadcast will also feature these other segments:
- Tuesday Focus: Shannon DeConda, founder of the National Alliance of Medical Auditing Specialists (NAMAS), will provide an update on the significant changes in the 2021 evaluation and management (E&M) guidelines.
- Tuesday Special Report: Julia K. Brodt, PhD, an educator and former epidemiologist, will provide a layperson’s background on antibodies, which are fundamental in the quest for a much-anticipated COVID-19 vaccine.
- News Desk: Timothy Powell, compliance expert and ICD10monitor national correspondent, will anchor the Talk Ten Tuesdays News Desk.
- The Coding Report: Laurie Johnson, senior healthcare consultant for Revenue Cycle Solutions, LLC, will report on the latest coding news.
- TalkBack: Erica Remer, MD, founder and president of Erica Remer, MD, Inc. and Talk Ten Tuesdays co-host, will report on another thought-provoking topic that has captured her attention.