Computer-assisted translation tools–What are they? Do you need them?
In this episode, Eve and Corinne discuss computer-assisted translation tools. What are CAT tools? What are they useful for? When are they not useful? What flavors of CAT tools are out there for translators to choose from? How do TM tools differ from MT tools?
Links mentioned in this episode (note: none of these are affiliate links):
- Polilingua’s fairly comprehensive list of CAT tools on the market
- OmegaT, a free and open source TM tool
- SDL Trados Studio
- Parallels (to run Windows software on a Mac)
- Lilt (a so-called “machine-assisted translation” tool)
- User review of Lilt (from Corinne’s blog)
- XBench (external QA tool available as a CAT tool plugin)
- PerfectIt (editing plugin for MS Word)
Click the audio player link to listen online
Right-click the link below to download the MP3.
Chrome/Firefox: Choose “Save Link As”
Internet Explorer: Choose “Save target as”
Safari: Choose “Download Linked File”
Computer-assisted translation tools