Creating an A.r.k. for Nature - Mary Reynolds
Check out their website (www.wearetheark.org) and join the Facebook group for more information and support!Please rate & review this podcast and if you'd like to support this podcast you can do so on www.patreon.com/bookofleaves or www.buymeacoffee.com/bookofleaves x
More on www.bookofleavespodcast.comNotes:
- (04:50 ) What inspired We Are The Ark.
- (08:05 ) Where the name came from.
- (09:00 ) The importance of putting a sign on your ark.
- (11:25 ) How much land is 'enough' for an ark.
- (13:30 ) What it means to be a guardian of the earth as opposed to gardener.
- (16:00 ) Is an ark compatible with pets and children?
- (19:00 ) Getting an ark started.
- (22:40 ) Giving sovereignty back to the land.
- (25:00 ) Growing food in a wild garden. Learn more about forest gardening here!
- (30:35 ) Restoring your land to what it was before.
- (34:20 ) How to go about turning public or government land into arks.
- (36:30 ) How we can make sure our artificial outside lights stop damaging wildlife.
- (38:45 ) Closing thoughts from Mary.
- (43:20 ) What we need going forward to get systematic change.
- The Garden Awakenin book;
- Mary's TEDx Talk.
- From What Is to What If by Rob Hopkins.
- Extinction Rebellion.
If you like this episode, you'll also like:
- Episode 12 Why it’s time to join the Rebellion- Cormac Nugent, Extinction Rebellion.
- Episode 15 Bringing Biodiversity Back into your Garden or Balcony- Collie Ennis.
- Episode 25 Bia Hero & Grow Your Own Food – Sinéad, XR.
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/bookofleaves.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.