Creative Collaborations- Ted and Angie from Poketo
This month, we're celebrating Valentine's Day by speaking to couples who inspire us by building strong partnerships - partners in life, partners in business, and partners in their community.
We sat down with Angie Myung and Ted Vadakan, a husband-and-wife team who have artfully mastered the feat of finding their tribe through their brand Poketo.
The name Poketo (pronounced "poh-keh-toe") stems from the mispronunciation of "pocket" by Angie's grandmother. It tied in perfectly with the first product ever created under Poketo: a series of artist wallets that fit right in your pocket—and Ted and Angie just loved the way it sounded.
Poketo has worked with brands and companies like Nike, MTV, Disney, Target, Nordstrom and MailChimp, museums like MOCA, the Guggenheim, the de Young, and SFMOMA, and has collaborated with over 200 international artists, creating exclusive products that reflect its philosophy of "Art for Your Every day."
Ted and Angie are a great example of two partners who set the tone for their business. Poketo is all about collaboration, community, and partnership - something that is ingrained in their personal lives and amazing love story.
They gave us a lot to keep in mind:
- Find your community and keep them close
- Play to the strengths of your partnership
- Stop worrying so much about your business’ competition and instead, focus your energy on collaboration and staying ahead of the game
- Ted Vadakan and Angie Myung from Poketo- https://www.poketo.com/
- Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs- https://www.simplypsychology.org/maslow.html