Cultivating Stillness in a Noisy and Distracted World
In a society built on instant gratification, from texts to same day shipping, when was the last time you gave yourself some peace and quiet?
We have become so accustomed to daily distractions and chatter that even the thought of sitting in silence or there being a silent moment in a conversation creates a ton of anxiety.
Join Dr. Zhang in this enlightening episode as she discusses how to she uses silence in her conversations with end of life patients to elicit profound and powerful responses to challenging situations and how you can apply these same principles to your life as well.
At the end of the episode, you will be left with an action item for the week, and that is to ask yourself if you are able to allow empty space to just be empty rather than trying to fill it up. Give it a try and see if you can, and let us know about it!
Tune in to hear how you can start using silence as a powerful tool to help propel your life forward and connect deeper with the world.
Topic discussed in this episode:
- How uncomfortable we are with silence
- How we fill the silence with sounds
- How we can use silence to our advantage
- Silence as an act of compassion
- The profound information that comes out of silence
- Can you sit in silence with yourself?
- The experience of connecting with your environment
- Why some people can't be alone with their thoughts
- My invitation to you to cultivate silence
NB: This episode originally aired October 20, 2021 and has been edited for content and length