Cumulative Advantage: How to Build Momentum for Your Ideas, Business and Life Against All Odds
In this Martech Zone Interview, we speak to Mark Schaefer. Mark is a great friend, mentor, prolific author, speaker, podcaster, and consultant in the marketing industry. We discuss his newest book, Cumulative Advantage, which goes beyond marketing and speaks directly to the factors that influence success in business and life.
We live in a world where being great may not be enough. We need momentum.
From the best-selling author of KNOWN and Marketing Rebellion comes a practical guidebook to building unstoppable momentum for your ideas and your business -- even when the odds seem stacked against you. Filled with motivating ideas and fascinating case studies, Cumulative Advantage is an indispensable and practical source of inspiration for the entrepreneur, business leader, and every person with a dream that's ready to take flight. You will learn:
- How the initial advantage that drives momentum comes from everyday ideas.
- The inside secrets of creating vast awareness for your projects.
- How to nurture powerful connections that lead to break-through opportunities.
- Why momentum is driven by the speed, time, and space of a "seam."
- How the "certainty of business uncertainty" can be used to your advantage.
Mark Schaefer weaves decades of research and revealing expert views into an entertaining guide to building momentous success in the real-world. You'll never view the world the same way again after learning how initial advantages, seams of opportunity, sonic booms, and the lift from mentors can impact your world in powerful and permanent ways. Get ready to make Cumulative Advantage work for you and your ideas right now!
Special Guest: Mark Schaefer.
- DK New Media: Douglas Karr is a recognized influencer in the marketing technology industry. Hire Douglas to speak at your next event, develop an online webinar, host and develop your company's podcast, or train your marketing team. Promo Code: dknewmedia
- Cumulative Advantage: How to Build Momentum for Your Ideas, Business and Life Against All Odds — At its essence, marketing today is about answering one question: “How can we be heard?” How can we rise above the din of infinite options to create sustainable meaning with an audience or group of customers?
- Mark Schaefer — One of the world's leading marketing futurists and keynote speakers.
- Marketing Companion Podcast — The Marketing Companion is always fun, always interesting, and always on-target with insights and ideas that will turn up your marketing intellect to an “11.” Find a topic in the guide below or push one of the subscribe buttons to get episodes delivered free to your email account every other week.