Curation is Key: How to Get Noticed by Media & Playlisters and Build Your Brand
Curation plays a major role in defining taste and amplifying talent. How well you’re able to curate your brand, and get noticed by playlist curators at major brands and streaming platforms ties directly back to your ability to reach new fans and develop a long lasting fanbase.
That’s why we’re grateful to have a panel of true experts on the topic for this episode including Ebro Darden (Head of Hip-Hop & R&B at Apple Music), Mikey Yi (Content & Artist Relations at Genius), Maurice Peebles (Editor In Chief at Complex Media), and Mika Sunga (Manager of Programming & Curation at Vevo).
In this episode we cover:
- What is curation and how you can use it to your advantage
- Advice from playlist curators on how you can get featured
- How to approach curators, the right way
- The keys to building a groundswell of community support
- The importance of owning your content & music
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.