Dangers of Mixing Carbs and Fat | Randle Cycle Discussion - Bart Kay
I had the pleasure of sitting down with Bart Kay. We talked about the Randle cycle and his recommendations for people on the carnivore diet.
Bart Kay is a former senior lecturer in human physiology and a professor of Health Science. He worked in academia for several decades as a teacher, a publishing researcher, and a consultant. He retired in 2018 to pursue his own goals as a social media influencer, entertainer, and educator. He is the Nutrition Science Watchdog on YouTube, debunking false science and helping people get to better health.
Bart Kay’s areas of expertise are in cardiovascular and respiratory physiology, exercise physiology, nutrition, research methods, and statistics. Bart Kay has published several peer-reviewed research articles, as well as book chapters. Bart has been an external consultant for organizations such as the NZ All Blacks, the NRL, and both NZ and Australian Defense Forces.
YouTube vide of this interview
We discuss the following:
- About the Randle cycle
- Glucose as the predominant source diagram
- Rich in carbohydrates
- Krebs cycle
- Activating the Randle cycle
- Meal rich in carbohydrates and fats
- Fat consumption on a carnivore diet
- Thoughts on organ meats
- Adding fruits to the meat-only diet
- Recommendation on the carnivore diet
- Amount of fruit to eat
- Where to find Bart Kay
- Email: email@example.com
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BartKayNutritionScienceWatchdog/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Bart.Kay.Health.Science/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bart_kay_nutrition/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/KayBwt
- Consults: https://bit.ly/bart-kay
- Cerule products: https://bkaynutrition.cerule.com
- LBRY: https://odysee.com/$/invite/@Bart-Kay-Nutrition-Science-Watchdog
- The Randle cycle video: https://youtu.be/PvjdgjCORfE
- Bart Kay’s last interview with Judy: https://youtu.be/A4N8uWNpcG8
CHECK OUT MY BOOK, Carnivore Cure
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
**DISCLAIMER: I am only here to provide support as a nutritional therapy practitioner and I am not providing medical advice. I always recommend working with a team of holistic practitioners, including your PCP and a certified nutritional therapy practitioner. Do not self-diagnose. Always seek medical guidance when you have a medical condition.
Use code NWJ at carnivorebar.com to get 10% off your order.