Daniel Blanchard – Teaching the Whole Child: Making the Case for Education Reform (AoL 136)
When it comes to your everyday classroom teacher, a lot of them feel like their hands are tied in a similar fashion.
They're not allowed to teach the way that they believe they should.
Because of this, the average time that someone works in the public education system as a classroom teacher is 3 years.
This is a horrible statistic.
That said, students are paying for this lack of competency just as much as teachers are.
It's producing people who simply aren't ready for life and the real world.
In this session, I talk with author, speaker, and teacher Daniel Blanchard about what's causing this and what can be done about it.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
* What was school like for Dan growing up compared to today? 8:58
* What came first for him - college or the military? 13:29
* How did he get into teaching? 21:07
* Where does Dan see himself as a classroom teacher as the entire industry is changing? 26:17
* Are schools realizing how much they're failing kids and trying to improve? 30:44
* Where did he get the inspiration to write his first book? 38:23
* What'd he learn from writing the books? 41:56
* Is there one takeaway that he'd want his audience to get from his books? 44:14
* What are his academic books about? 45:16
* What's he looking forward to in the not too distant future? 47:22
* Who are his 3 Favorite Influencers? 53:01
* What's something Dan has been learning about recently and he's excited to implement? 54:11
* In the last 5 years, what belief, behavior, or habit has most improved his life? 55:23
* Is there something that he believed as a 35 year old but today believes is completely inaccurate? 57:27
* What's it mean to live a life of abundance? 58:54
Right click here and save-as to download this episode to your computer.
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Dan Online: Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube
Session Sponsor: Fizzle - Get 1 Month Free to get access to Practical Courses, Coaching, and a Community that won't let you quit!
Uncover Your Personal Mission (Personal Mission Guide)
School Sucks Project
Q-Collar (helps to prevent concussions in sports)
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store