Dark Souls is Good for your Mental Health?!
- Episode 1 of a new season and a 7 episode arc on Games + Mental Health
- Dr. Jennifer Hazel is a psychiatric doctor and the founder of Checkpoint Organization
- Checkpoint is a nonprofit that raises awareness and gives resources about mental health in the gaming community
- Normalizing the language around mental health
- The results of the latest research on the psychological benefits of video games (hint: RPGs are apparently amazing)
- The number 1 game that gamers find improves their mental health - Mass Effect. With Dragon Age as a close second.
- The particular value of playing stealth games
- Why games are so difficult to research
- Wait - Dark Souls is GOOD for your mental health?!
- Escapism and games - self-expansive and self-suppressive (Link to research)
- Retelling the story of you gaming experience - from gamer guilt to embracing your identity
- Dr. Hazel and I share our experiences of using our passion for games to reach beyond our comfort zones to help fellow gamers
- How the Checkpoint video series tackles mental health issues using the power of video games
- +7 Intelligence Discord Server
- Join an awesome community all about the power of games to influence our lives and the world around us. Come chat and play games with me and your fellow listeners.
- Nerdificent Podcast
- Checkpoint Organization
- Checkpoint Series on Youtube
- Checkpoint Org on Twitter
- Checkpoint Org on Facebook
- Checkpoint Org on Instagram
About +7 Intelligence
+7 Intelligence is the podcast about how games impact people.
Each episode explores a different perspective on how games profoundly influence the real world. Interviews with game designers, psychologists, professionals, and everyday players discuss the unique way that games influence their life and work.
Listen to the show:
Find the show online:
On Twitter: @7_Intelligence