Destigmatizing Psychedelics Through #thankyouplantmedicine | Jonathan Glazer & David Grillot ~ ATTMind 114
David Grillot and Jonathan Glazer are the founders of #ThankYouPlantMedicine, a global wave of gratitude for happening on February 20, 2020.
They are on the show to both talk about the movement itself and respond to some of my criticisms. We speak about the possible risks of "coming out of the psychedelic closet", the potentially adverse outcomes of destigmatizing psychedelics too quickly, the importance of actualizing our psychedelic learning, and the problems of politicizing the psychedelic movement.
For links to #thankyouplantmedicine, full show notes, and to watch this episode in video, head to Https://bit.ly/ATTMind114
*** Big thanks to my patrons on Patreon for helping keep this podcast alive! Especially, Thomas & Melanie H, Clea S, Steven B, James R, Dean H, Joe A, Andy D, Stephen B, Ian C, David W, Don J, Yvett FC, Ann-Madeleine, Chuck W & Dima B
- what is #thankyouplantmedicine?
- stigma against psychedelics hurts your integration
- the value of speaking your truth
- there will be risk for many people, is it worth it?
- the value of sharing your stories
- coming out of the psychedelic closet
- the complexities of using the language of the gay movement in the psychedelic movement
- the deep healing value of re-connection
- the ideal outcome of #thankyouplantmedicine
- how this movement might go wrong, personally and socially
- stigmas and taboos exist with a purpose
- why it takes more than psychedelics to better your life or the world, but they may help
- how to not talk about psychedelics
- the value of transcending political divides
- the risk of politicizing the psychedelic movement
- is #thankyouplantmedicine informed by psychedelic exceptionalism?