DevOps Efficiency through Integration
Brendan O’Leary (@olearycrew, Sr. Dev Evangelist @GitLab, CNCF Board) talks about Developer Productivity, how to improve flow, integrated tool chains, and tips to improve organizational dynamics.
SHOW SPONSOR LINKS:
- Okta - Safe Identity for customers and workforce
- Try Okta for FREE (Trial in 10 minutes)
- See how O’Reilly online learning can help your tech teams. Request a free demo now.
- Datadog Security Monitoring Homepage: Modern Monitoring and Analytics
- Try Datadog yourself by starting a free, 14-day trial today. Listeners of this podcast will also receive a free Datadog T-shirt.
Topic 1 - Welcome to the show. Software supply-chains have been in the news quite a bit lately. Before we get into that, tell us about your background and what gets you passionate about developer productivity?
Topic 2 - Let’s talk about “the State of Developer Productivity” in 2021. What are developers able to do well, and where are their big bottlenecks today?
Topic 3 - I constantly get questions of “do we fix this with better tools, or better organizations. I’m pretty sure the answer is a combination of both, but do you see one side or the other having a bigger impact?
Topic 4 - GitLab does a very good job bringing together the tools developers need across the software-supply chain. When do you see an integrated “platform” gain more adoption, and when does the developer desire for “pick our tools” tend to stay in place?
Topic 5 - Is the Solarwinds hack making a lot of companies rethink how they build software?
Topic 6 - What are some of the best tips you have to help developer teams get more efficient, more productive?
- Email: show at thecloudcast dot net
- Twitter: @thecloudcastnet