Diego Baugh: Stanford Senior Shares Thoughts on Program Cut & Advice for Coaches
#038 - Diego Baugh is a Senior on the Stanford Men’s Rowing Team and alumn of Saugatuck Rowing Club.
In this episode, we talked about:
- How Diego got into rowing [4:13 ]
- What Diego brought up that has never been brought up before on the Rowing in Color podcast [9:50 ]
- Times he witnessed racism in rowing [13:07 ]
- How have coaches addressed instances of racism in general? [16:0 3]
- Thoughts on recruiting and inclusion [23:30 ]
- His reaction to the Stanford program being cut [25:30 ]
- Advice for a coach who wants to recruit an athlete of color [32:07 ]
- A success story! [38:06 ]
… and much more.
To get in touch with Diego, please reach him on Instagram @diegobaugh or email@example.com
We hope that the conversation in this podcast helps us all in the rowing world -- no matter your race -- to unify the rowing sport through diversity.
If you have a response to this or any episode, we want to hear it. Send us your voice message at www.speakpipe.com/rowingincolor or just check out our Linktree (linktr.ee/rowingincolor). If you don't follow us on IG already, find us @rowingincolor.
Lastly, if you can, please hit "follow" or "subscribe" wherever you listen to podcasts. If you can, please leave a rating and a review on Apple Podcast -- it would really mean a lot.
We hope you and yours are well. Stay safe.