Disconnect with Your Smart Phone to Reconnect with Your Life with Joe Hollier • X58
We will learn:
- How smartphones are designed to work against our happiness.
- How to stay connected while disconnected.
- The brain benefits of boredom.
Have you noticed your phone time taking away from other important moments in your life?
I’ve always been a tech person so I have a tendency to overuse my smartphone.
Recently I made some customizations to my smartphone and my phone use immediately dropped 80% which is awesome.
I shared my customizations on social -mindfully using my computer- and I got a bunch of DMs about it so I know a lot of you are suffering from a little tech addiction yourselves.
So today we’re going to learn how to live our lives a little less plugged in. Because maybe disconnecting from the online world is what we actually need to connect with the offline world.
Our guest is Joe Hollier, multi-disciplinary artist, entrepreneur and co-founder of the Light Phone, a phone designed to be used as little as possible.
Links from the episode:
- Show Notes: https://mindlove.com/x58
- Sign up for The Morning Mind Love for short daily notes from your highest self.
- Get Mind Love Premium for exclusive ad-free episodes and monthly meditations.
- Support Mind Love Sponsors
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.