Discussing the Evolution of Energy Access and Equity at Fresh Energy
At Fresh Energy, equity is a central pillar of our mission and a priority across the organization. Our Energy Access and Equity department is where the organization and the staff on today's podcast focus specifically on policies and programs that reduce the energy burden on under-resourced communities, increase opportunities for and access to clean energy jobs, and ensure our policy-based solutions—and Fresh Energy operations—are equitable in both process and outcome. And we're pleased to share that our Energy Access and Equity department is evolving!
In today's podcast, we're joined by Fresh Energy's outgoing lead director of Energy Access and Equity Ben Passer, incoming director Anjali Bains, our new director of Culture and Partnerships Janiece Watts, as well as Mari Ojeda, policy associate on the Energy Access and Equity Team.
Throughout our conversation, we reference a few blog posts on the Fresh Energy site, here they are:
- Energy Access and Equity at Three Years: A personal reflection from Ben Passer
- Fresh Energy launches reimagined and co-created community space
- New Energy Access and Equity leadership at Fresh Energy
And don't forget to register and join us for our October 14 Virtual Benefit Breakfast! We wanted to thank a few of our Benefit Breakfast sponsors for their support!
- Thank you to our title sponsor: Parable Wealth Partners
- And to our Innovation and Technology sponsor: Mortenson
- And thank you also to Atomic Data, Ever-Green Energy, District Energy St. Paul, Impact Power Solutions, Apex Clean Energy, Climate Generation, Conley Family Foundation, Design 45, Minneapolis Foundation, Chuck and Candice Nadler, Old National Bank, and Sunrise Banks.