Dismantling Toxic Achievement Culture | Jennifer Breheny Wallace
Join us in unraveling the pressure cooker of modern achievement culture and discovering a healthier, happier definition of success with Jennifer Breheny Wallace. Her new book, Never Enough: When Achievement Culture Becomes Toxic – and What We Can Do About It, offers research-driven solutions drawn from interviews with families struggling to find balance amid our achievement-crazed culture.
- The Hidden Costs of Success: Dive deep into the toxic effects of the achievement-focused definition of success on our well-being and happiness.
- Raw Truth: The alarming rise of anxiety, depression, and substance abuse in today's youth across the spectrum: from the affluent to the underserved.
- Redefining Success: How can we balance our aspirations with well-being? Learn how to nurture resilience and deep connection in our families and communities.
If you LOVED this episode you’ll also love the conversations we had with Jessica Lahey around the gift of failure.
Check out our offerings & partners:
- My New Book Sparked
- My New Podcast SPARKED. To submit your “moment & question” for consideration to be on the show go to sparketype.com/submit.
- Visit Our Sponsor Page For Great Resources & Discount Codes
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.