Divorce Rehab with Wendy Sterling
Hey Mamas, welcome to another episode of Mom, Slow Down! Whether you’re a child of divorced parents, or you’ve gone through a divorce yourself, the ‘Big D’ is likely to have touched your life in some shape or form. Here to share her wisdom on navigating this tricky time is Wendy Sterling, top divorce media personality, international divorce coach, life transition specialist and founder of the Divorce Rehab, where she helps newly divorced men and women who are having trouble moving forward to find joy, self worth, and freedom. Wendy tells the story of her own divorce, and the pivotal experience of discovering life coaching, before training to become a coach herself. Wendy shares some powerful tips to build strong relationships, and tells us how one of the gifts of the work she has done on herself has been being able to empower her kids. She gets candid about how she knew it was time to divorce her husband, and offers us a new definition for intimacy, before offering up the pearl of wisdom that two happy homes are far better for kids than one full of turmoil and negative energy. We touch on the difference between parallel parenting and co-parenting, and how Wendy has moved from one to the other with her ex-husband. There are many elements of healing, and application is the most important thing. We hope you join us for this and many more amazing insights today.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Wendy weighs in on the state of divorce following the pandemic, which is up 34%.
- Why she believes it is so high: people couldn’t run away from their problems anymore.
- How divorce is messy but it can also be a most empowering experience.
- The pivotal experience of discovering life coaching and training to become a coach.
- How her decision to get divorced accompanied her choice to start her business.
- Divorce Rehab, her five step proprietary program where she helps women recover from the emotions of their divorce so that they can start creating the life that they choose.
- How every sign she missed along the way to her divorce came down to communication.
- Advice for listeners: listen to your gut, really communicate, and be curious.
- One of the gifts of the work she has done on herself: being able to empower her kids.
- The first thing she discusses with clients considering divorce: how are you showing up?
- A definition of intimacy that goes beyond the physical: it starts with communication.
- Why two happy homes are better for kids than one full of turmoil and negative energy.
- How to begin to help your children through divorce into co-parenting.
- The parallel parenting approach that Wendy and her ex-husband took when they were first divorced and how it saved her emotional and mental pain.
- Reframing her divorce as something that happened for her, not to her.
- What it means to create what you think and why everything starts with your mindset.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:Support the show (https://paypal.me/momslowdown)