DiscoverThe Angles of Lattitude Podcast: Learn from the Successes of the Creatively Self EmployedDo-It-Yourself Publicity – How to Land Your Next Podcast Interview on Your Own with Millette Jones (AoL 130)
Do-It-Yourself Publicity – How to Land Your Next Podcast Interview on Your Own with Millette Jones (AoL 130)
When you're first starting out as a thought leader or creative entrepreneur, it can seem pretty daunting. Where do you even start? Do you build a few products that illustrate who you are and what you can help others with? Or do you start creating an audience right away and then make a product for them later?
Likewise, when it comes to getting your name out there, there are many paths one can take. You can hire a publicist, a booking agent, or in the case of today's guest, you can utilize the knowledge of someone who can help you do it all yourself.
This session's guest, Millette Jones, is host of the Unstoppable Coach podcast. Through her work she helps entrepreneurs learn how their story is important and understand how sharing it can propel their business to success.
On top of her podcast, she supports entrepreneurs with podcast publicity coaching, a membership site for DIY podcast interview marketing and her signature program: Podguesting for Profits.
In today's conversation, Harrison and I speak with Millette to find out about her ups and downs as an entrepreneur and how you can use your own story to rise above the crowd.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU’LL FIND OUT MORE ABOUT:
* How did Millette become a coach? 10:21
* How was she first exposed to the podcasting world? 16:08
* What are some ways that she suggests that can help people rise above the crowd? 17:27
* What are some tips to stay focused as an entrepreneur? 22:54
* How does someone overcome broken business relationships? 26:38
* What's first? Creating awareness or building a product or service? 28:43
* How can a guest best prepare themself for being on a podcast? 33:50
* Where does Millette see her work in the next couple of years? 39:48
* What are 3 podcasts that have helped shaped her as a podcaster? 43:47
* What's something that she has gotten better at saying no to? 46:00
* Is there something in the podcasting world that Millette is excited about? 47:45
* What's it mean to live a life of abundance? 53:11
Right click here and save-as to download this episode to your computer.
ITEMS and PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Millette Online: Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram
Cohost: Harrison Painter
Session Sponsor: Millennial Skills Chat Bot Training
* Millette's FREE Checklist / Mini-Course
Unstoppable Coach Podcast
Download from Google Play
Download from App Store