Doctrine Or Love; Which Will You Choose?
In learning to love our neighbor, do we allow a difference to cause us to
then not love our neighbor?
Does that person love the Lord with all that they know how to do?
Let us relate simply with the Love of the Lord for one another.
• There are “proofs” that the rapture will take place in the
scripture, does it really matter as to when?
• Relationships are more important than doctrines.
• The Centurion knew more principles than many even today.
1 Corinthians 9:19-23 NIV
19. Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to
everyone, to win as many as possible.
20. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the
law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the
law), so as to win those under the law.
21. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law
(though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to
win those not having the law.
22. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things
to all people so that by all possible means I might save some.
23. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.
The story of the Centurion
Romans 14:5-12 NASB
5. One person values one day over another, another values every day the
same. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind.
6. The one who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and the one
who eats, does so with regard to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and
the one who does not eat, it is for the Lord that he does not eat, and he
gives thanks to God.
7. For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself;
8. for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord;
therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s.
9. For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both
of the dead and of the living
10. But as for you, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or you as well,
why do you regard your brother or sister with contempt? For we will all
appear before the judgment seat of God.
11. For it is written: “AS I LIVE, SAYS THE LORD, TO ME EVERY KNEE
WILL BOW, AND EVERY TONGUE WILL GIVE PRAISE TO GOD.”
12. So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God.
1 Samuel 16:7 NKJV
But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his
physical stature, because I have refused him. For the LORD
does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but
the LORD looks at the heart.”
• To wrangle about words, is useless
• Arguing doctrine always causes confusion and division
• He was a Centurion by the will of God
• It is the guy that is walking in all the revelation that he has
The second great commandment is to Love your neighbor as yourself, Is
it loving another when we argue and create deeper divisions because
of the differences that we believe from another? Are we able to open
our heart to even listen to their perspective?