E1: Alex Kate on following your dreams, claiming your creativity & staying in your own lane
My guest this week is Alex Kate. Alex is a British singer-songwriter and producer who has been writing songs since she can remember but until recently kept them to herself. She was classically trained and had even featured in professional operas and orchestras, but it took the global pandemic to wake her up and realise that she wanted to share the songs she had been writing over the last decade with the world. Alex previously worked in the music industry in various guises as the 'person behind the person', and in this conversation reveals why and how she claimed her own space as a creative.
This is a warm, generous and insightful conversation that I am sure you will leave feeling inspired. This week's topics include:
- listening to your inner voice
- claiming your creativity and sharing it with the world
- the importance of vocalising who you are
- moving from living vicariously through your dreams to taking action
- getting over perfectionism, starting, and learning as you go
- finding unjudging and supportive community
and so much more!
SAY HI TO ALEX:
Book referenced in this episode: The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY:
- Sign up for The Brew: www.thecreativescoffeeclub.com/thebrew
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thecreativescoffeeclub/
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/itscharlieindia
- Watch on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJIlQ8T836wBB7LxUTT4b-g
Buy us a coffee to sip on throughout the coming episodes: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/tcccpodcast
To all of you that have contributed to this community so far, THANK YOU, truly, you are the caffeine to my coffee!