E1: From $0 Down to $1.3M Investment Home: Seattle Living & Wealth Building Show
Looking to start investing in real estate but not sure where to start? You’ve come to the perfect place.
In this episode of the Seattle Living & Wealth Building podcast, the Wagner Real Estate Group welcomes Lisa Leikin, Vice President of Corporate Finance at BentallGreenOak, a commercial real estate investment advisor with over $20 billion in assets under management. Listen in as Lisa sheds light on her journey to becoming a real estate investor, highlighting the challenges and benefits of investing in real estate and renting your properties. She also shares how she turned a $0 down home mortgage into a $1.3 million investment property.
Key Topics/What You’ll Learn:
- Buying your first property as a first-time home buyer
- Converting your first home into an investment rental property while you’re buying a new primary residence
- The ins and outs of selling your rental property
- How to avoid capital gains tax after selling a rental property
- What is a 1031 exchange, and how do you turn a 1031 exchange into a profitable Airbnb property?
- The benefits of starting an Airbnb and the emotions behind buying real estate properties.
- Important things to consider when choosing a real estate agent.
- Navigating unexpected issues that commonly come in real estate investing.
- Factors in determining rental rates for an Airbnb.
- Trends in Seattle’s Airbnb market and the Arizona real estate market.
- Why you might want to do a long-term rental instead of a short-term rental.
- Is the real estate market going to crash in 2022 or 2023?
If you enjoy Seattle Living & Wealth Building, please RATE/REVIEW us on Apple Podcasts and SHARE it with a friend or loved one you think would enjoy it too!
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfznP6YUtzk0kaDewobj7jQ
Buying or selling a home? Visit our website to get in touch: https://www.mwagnerhomes.com
Follow us on Instagram:
Maynard Wagner: https://www.instagram.com/seattle_realtor_maynard
Justin Day: https://www.instagram.com/justindayrealestate/
Michael Dapper: https://www.instagram.com/michaeldapper/
Connect with us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MaynardWagnerRealEstateGroup
Seattle Living & Wealth Building is produced by Wagner Real Estate Group based in the Seattle, Washington area. With over $225 million sold in the last 5 years, plus 17 years of total experience, we thrive to provide exceptional real estate services in an innovative, collaborative, and positive-minded team approach.