E19. busy | 说“忙”别只会一个busy哦【早】
Description
视频版→B站:洛夫古德德
1. be swamped
忙得不可开交
“All the accountants I know are swamped right now. It’s tax season.”
我知道的所有会计现在都忙得不可开交。现在时纳税季。
2. be slammed
相当忙碌
“Two people in my department quit this month. I’m totally slammed with work right now.”
这个月我部门有两个人辞职了。我现在因为工作忙得不可开交。
3. have a lot on one’s plate
手头上有太多的事情要处理
“Greg is only taking 14 credits this semester. He says he had way too much on his plate last semester with 18 credits.”
Greg这学期只准备修14学分。他说他上学期修了18学分,要处理的是实在是太多了。
4. have one’s hands full (with something)
太忙碌无法做别的事情
“There’s a huge event on campus today. Our security officers really have their hands full.”
今天校园里有有盛大的活动。我们的保安实在太忙处理不了别的事情。
5. be tied up (with something)
因为太忙碌无法做别的事情
“I haven’t been seeing my friends much. I’ve been tied up with wedding preparations.”
我很久没见我的朋友了。婚礼准备实在让我太忙碌了。
6. be snowed under
事情太多
“It’s important to find ways to relieve stress when you’re feeling snowed under.”
当你感到有太多事情要做的时候,寻找缓解压力的方式是很重要的。
7. be burned/burnt out
因为过多的任何或压力,精疲力竭,能量耗尽
“You can’t work all year without taking a vacation. You’ll get burned out.”
你不可能工作一年不休假。你会筋疲力尽的。