EBB 218 - The Evidence on Perineal Massage during Labor with Dr. Rebecca Dekker
Content warning: Discussion of perineal tears during childbirth, severe tears, obstetric violence, and episiotomy.
- For a full list of scientific references, see the blog post that goes along with this episode
- Check out Episode 206 of the EBB Podcast to learn about perineal tears and avoiding an episiotomy, Episode 210 to learn about warm compresses and hands-on vs. hands-off techniques, and Episode 2016 to learn about perineal massage during pregnancy.
- Go to our YouTube channel to see video versions of all our podcasts! (including PowerPoint presentations when used)
- Visit https://evidencebasedbirth.com/childbirth-class/ to learn more about the Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class
- Take a continuing education class on this topic (and earn a contact hour) by joining the EBB Professional Membership here: https://evidencebasedbirth.com/become-pro-member/
For more information and news about Evidence Based Birth®, visit www.ebbirth.com. Find us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/EvidenceBasedBirth/ ), Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/ebbirth/ ), and Pinterest (https://www.pinterest.com/ebbirth/ ). Ready to get involved? Check out our Professional membership (including scholarship options) (https://evidencebasedbirth.com/become-pro-member/ ). Find an EBB Instructor here (https://evidencebasedbirth.com/find-an-instructor-parents/ ), and click here (https://evidencebasedbirth.com/childbirth-class/ ) to learn more about the Evidence Based Birth® Childbirth Class.