EP 018 – Non-Suicidal Self-Injury: How to Cope with It and Provide Support – Dr. Stephen P. Lewis, Ph.D.
How to stop self-harm? In this episode of the IPS Podcast, we have invited Dr. Stephen P. Lewis, Ph.D. to provide a deeper understanding of NSSI.
Some of the Questions:
- What is non-suicidal self-injury (NSSI)?
- For any parent, teacher, friend, boyfriend/girlfriend, family member, etc. who knows someone in their life who causes self-harm, what are some of the best pieces of advice you could give them so they could provide helpful support to that person in need?
- Over the years, how have you learned to live with these scars?
What You Will Learn from this Episode:
- The main reason why most people cause self-harm
- Advice and tips from a professional and person with experience on how to start the healing journey from self-harm
- How shame often comes hand-in-hand with the scars of self-injury
Show notes and links for this episode can be found at https://innerpicturestories.com/2019/06/how-to-stop-self-harm/
Because you are a listener here on The Inner Picture Stories Podcast, you can benefit from a 40% discount of any course you like by going to InnerPictureStories.com/course
Furthermore, each course we offer has been made in collaboration with an instructor who has also been a guest here on the Inner Picture Stories Podcast.
Again, as a listener of the podcast, you’ll receive 40% off one of your chosen courses by going to InnerPictureStories.com/course