EP 019 - Dr. Guy Macpherson, Ph.D. What is Psychological Trauma and How to Heal It
What is psychological trauma? In this episode of The IPS Podcast, Dr. Guy Macpherson, Ph.D. an expert in trauma, provides a base understanding of psychological trauma.
Some of the Questions:
- How would you define and explain to someone what trauma is?
- From all your experiences of working with trauma, and all the health professionals you've interviewed, do you have any advice for listeners on how to find a good therapist, and what to pay attention to?
- What could be the long term "dangers" when someone does not heal their trauma or traumas?
What You Will Learn from this Episode:
- How to be of support to someone who is suffering from a traumatic event.
- Why words are often not enough to heal psychological trauma
- The reason why stressful & traumatic events remain stuck in the mind and body
Show notes and links for this episode can be found at https://innerpicturestories.com/2019/08/what-is-psychological-trauma/
Because you are a listener here on The Inner Picture Stories Podcast, you can benefit from a 40% discount of any course you like by going to InnerPictureStories.com/course
Furthermore, each course we offer has been made in collaboration with an instructor who has also been a guest here on the Inner Picture Stories Podcast.
Again, as a listener of the podcast, you’ll receive 40% off one of your chosen courses by going to InnerPictureStories.com/course