EP 21 - Africa Before The Slavery
Welcome to Black History Month!
Usually what people celebrate during this period are the achievements of African-Americans after the slave trade, or how they persevered through the slavery.
However, a lot of people do not know about the great things and great people that lived in Africa before the slave trade.
So in honor of this year's celebration, we have decided to take you back in time to the days before slavery. The days of the African Kings and Queens, the Black History we should never forget to celebrate as well.
Mentioned In This Episode:
1. Black History Month: http://www.history.com/topics/black-history/black-history-month
2. Kush: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Kush
3. Axum: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axum
4. Black Panther Movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825683/
5. Hollywood: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinema_of_the_United_States
6. King Mansa Musa: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musa_I_of_Mali
7. Niger City: https://en.w
Become a supporter of this podcast:
This podcast is sponsored by Anchor
EP 53- The Modern Day Shero: Josephine Effah-Chukwuma
EP 52 - The Modern Day Shero: Dr. Stella Adadevoh
EP 51 - The Journey So Far
EP 50 - Africa Rising
EP 49 - The Truth About Kunta Kinte
Episode 48 - Margaret Ekpo : An African Amazon
EP 47 - Christmas As An African Child
EP 46 - An African Amazon (Honorable Martha Karua)
EP 45 - Cultural Appropriation
EP 44 - What The Media Will Not Show You About Africa
EP 43 - The Relationship Between India & Africa
EP 42 - Not All African Immigrants Are Illegal
EP 41 - Raising Confident Kids
EP 40 - Marriage & Contracts
EP 39 - Should I Say Sorry?
EP 38 - The Truth About Africa and Refugees
EP 37 - Can Your Kids Survive?
EP 36 - Gender Neutrality
EP 35 - Teaching Your Kids Your Language
EP 34 - Saying "I Love You"