EP 23 - Africa Before The Slavery PT. 3 "The Benin Empire"
As the Black History Month Celebration comes to an end, we have decided to share with you, the oldest surviving kingdom in the world, The Great Benin Empire which is located in Nigeria, Africa.
This year, our aim during Black History Month was to educate and remind people about African history before the slavery. Even though this month is coming to an end, we must not forget to continue celebrating Black History and the beauty of Africa and Africans.
Mentioned In This Episode:
1. Edo State: http://www.edostate.gov.ng
2. Benin Empire: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benin_Empire
3. Oba Ewuare: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ewuare
4. Harlem: https://www.nycgo.com/boroughs-neighborhoods/manhattan/harlem
5. The Great Wall of China: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Wall_of_China
6. James Robert Phillips: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Robert_Phillips
7. Queen Idia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idia
8. Queen Iden: http://www.edoworld.net/Queen_Iden_of_Benin_
Become a supporter of this podcast:
This podcast is sponsored by Anchor
EP 53- The Modern Day Shero: Josephine Effah-Chukwuma
EP 52 - The Modern Day Shero: Dr. Stella Adadevoh
EP 51 - The Journey So Far
EP 50 - Africa Rising
EP 49 - The Truth About Kunta Kinte
Episode 48 - Margaret Ekpo : An African Amazon
EP 47 - Christmas As An African Child
EP 46 - An African Amazon (Honorable Martha Karua)
EP 45 - Cultural Appropriation
EP 44 - What The Media Will Not Show You About Africa
EP 43 - The Relationship Between India & Africa
EP 42 - Not All African Immigrants Are Illegal
EP 41 - Raising Confident Kids
EP 40 - Marriage & Contracts
EP 39 - Should I Say Sorry?
EP 38 - The Truth About Africa and Refugees
EP 37 - Can Your Kids Survive?
EP 36 - Gender Neutrality
EP 35 - Teaching Your Kids Your Language
EP 34 - Saying "I Love You"