EP 30 - The African Narrative
Since the release of Black Panther, there has been a massive increase in the love and appreciation of African Culture, African Fashion, African Music, and African Dance. As a matter of fact, more people have gotten their DNA tested to determine their Ancestry, and people now celebrate whatever percent of African they have in them!
We are very happy to see all the love people have for Africa, but we can’t help but wonder when the AFRICAN PEOPLE would receive as much love and acceptance as AFRICA.
Mentioned In This Episode:
1. Black Panther: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825683/
2. Dashiki: https://www.dashikipride.com
3. Wakanda: http://marvel.com/universe/Wakanda#axzz5DBadyKla
4. Amazon Queens of Dahomey: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dahomey_Amazons
5. Mansa Kankan Musa: https://www.history.com/news/who-was-the-richest-man-in-history-mansa-musa
6. An African Girl Abroad: https://www.facebook.com/AnAfricanGirlAbroad/
7. Mon Afrik TV: https://www.monafriktv.c
Become a supporter of this podcast:
This podcast is sponsored by Anchor
EP 53- The Modern Day Shero: Josephine Effah-Chukwuma
EP 52 - The Modern Day Shero: Dr. Stella Adadevoh
EP 51 - The Journey So Far
EP 50 - Africa Rising
EP 49 - The Truth About Kunta Kinte
Episode 48 - Margaret Ekpo : An African Amazon
EP 47 - Christmas As An African Child
EP 46 - An African Amazon (Honorable Martha Karua)
EP 45 - Cultural Appropriation
EP 44 - What The Media Will Not Show You About Africa
EP 43 - The Relationship Between India & Africa
EP 42 - Not All African Immigrants Are Illegal
EP 41 - Raising Confident Kids
EP 40 - Marriage & Contracts
EP 39 - Should I Say Sorry?
EP 38 - The Truth About Africa and Refugees
EP 37 - Can Your Kids Survive?
EP 36 - Gender Neutrality
EP 35 - Teaching Your Kids Your Language
EP 34 - Saying "I Love You"