EP 52 - The Modern Day Shero: Dr. Stella Adadevoh
In This Episode:
March is Women's History Month, so we decided to dedicate all our episode this month to some amazing modern day SHERO'S.
The first episode in this series is dedicated to a strong, brilliant and courageous woman, who saved a whole nation and in turn, the world, from an uncontrollable Ebola outbreak and in doing so, lost her life.
Her name is Dr. Stella Adadevoh, and she deserves to be honored every year, Which is why have picked the 10th of March as a day to honor her memory, her bravery and her service to the people of Nigeria and the world.
Mentioned In This Episode:
- Women’s History Month: https://womenshistorymonth.gov/
- Dr. Stella Ameyo Adadevoh: https://www.drasatrust.org/dr-adadevoh/
- Ebola: https://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/index.html
- W.H.O: https://www.who.int/
- Herbert Samuel Macauly: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Macaulay
- Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nnamdi_Azikiwe
- Babatunde Kwaku Adadevoh: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babatunde_Kwaku_Adadevoh
- Patrick Sawyer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Sawyer
- ECOWAS: http://www.ecowas.int/
- First Consultant Medical Center: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Consultant_Hospital
- Liyel Imoke: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liyel_Imoke
- 93 Days: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5305246/
- Nollywood: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nollywood
Stella Damasus Blog: http://www.stelladamasusblog.com
Stella Damasus Website : https://www.stelladamasus.com
This episode is sponsored by
· Beach Too Sandy, Water Too Wet Podcast: Beach Too Sandy, Water Too Wet is a comedy podcast featuring brother and sister duo Alex and Christine as they recap dramatic readings of one-star reviews, written by real people with not-so-real problems. https://open.spotify.com/show/0UfNJ2DoIfIveU2hghm1Io?si=489WlBmfS_e55CoMsDn24Q
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/excusemyafrican/support