EP 68: Speak & Live Your Truth Because It Matters with Dr. Kasie Whitener
Are you brave enough to speak and live your truth? It helps when you've never bought into the notion that you have to be perfect.
Our guest today, Dr. Kasie Whitener shares fresh insights and her perspectives on what it means and feels like to come into the fullness of who you are, social unrest and the shame and guilt she feels about it and what she's doing about it, her controversial idea to end the 40-hour workweek as we know it and why it's her mission in life, and the importance of having a sense of urgency towards what it is we want to do in life.
Kasie Whitener is always thinking through the journey from where-we-are to where-we-want-to-be. As a self-proclaimed change junky, Kasie embraces the uncertainty of new beginnings and enjoys the roller coaster lifestyle of entrepreneurism. Her passion is a results-oriented, project-managed, autonomous workforce. CRC’s new book, Redesign Work Volume 1: A Beginner’s Guide to Autonomy is about creating a sustainable, flexible, remote work environment.
Fun Fact: “Kasie” is actually a nickname. My legal name is Kathryn but my dad said he didn’t care what mom named me, he was going to call me “Kasie” so that’s it. I have a few close friends who call me “kid” and always have and my LinkedIn “branded” nickname is “Queen of How” because I’m a process junky.
Here's What You'll Learn In This Episode
- How her love for hard rock music inspires her Friday gatherings in her driveway with neighbors
- The reasons why she's open about the shame and guilt she feels after the social unrest that took place in the summer of 2020 in America
- How a sense of urgency fuels her "Go For It" attitude
- Lessons you can learn from getting in the arena
- The business model that women have to put forward to change workplace culture
- Tips to improve remote workers productivity
- How spending time in the entrepreneurial ecosystem can help you accept failure as a part of the process
- And much more...
Contact Dr. Kasie Whitener
- Get the book here
- Learn more about Clemson Road Creative here
- Meet Kasie on LinkedIn here
- Follow us on Twitter @ClemsonRoad or @KasieWhitener
- Fiction fans and GenXers might like UnapologeticallyX, Kasie’s blog for her novel After December
Contact Jackie Capers-Brown
Success by Adobe Audio
Support the show (https://paypal.me/jackiecapersbrown?locale.x=en_US)