EP 71: Developing Healthy Relationships Is Good for Your Heart with Courtney Scott
"What can you do to be a better you?" is the question that our guest today Courtney Scott challenges us to consider when it comes to building and nurturing healthy relationships that are good for our heart.
Courtney Scott is a healthcare administrator who lives in Rock Hill, SC. Her nickname is Court and some of her friends call her Cee. Her parents call her Ri for Richelle. She's the mother of two well-behaved children ages 11 and 5. She's a hard worker who hardly complains and she demonstrates compassion and reasoning in her personal and professional relationships.
Lately, Courtney has been creating framed wall art that features different silhouettes of men and women of different shades and different backgrounds. She is currently preparing herself to create a side hustle based on her newfound creativity.
Courtney and I use to work together at the Ashley Furniture Homestore on Harbison Blvd. in Columbia, SC. I invited her to be a guest in this series because I know first hand the compassion she shows to others, her commitment to excellence, and I knew we would have a great conversation about relationships and heart-healthy living.
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The three strengths that have helped Courtney overcome challenges and succeed
- The three emotional needs that everyone shares
- The importance of practicing mindfulness to cultivate heart-healthy relationships
- The actions she takes to avoid coming home from work feeling like she has to go to work
- Unrealistic expectations that hurt personal relationships
- Why effective communication is key to avoiding resentments that tear at the fabric of relationships
- The importance of couples establishing regular date nights to stay emotionally connected
- Why vulnerability is difficult in relationships and how it benefits our relationships
- Tangible strategies for gaining perspective in our relationships
- Why emotional and psychological safety is key to building trust in relationships
- The positive impact of asking for feedback from others
- Common unrealistic expectations that doom relationships at the start
- Why how we say what we say matters so much
- And so much more...
Support the show (https://paypal.me/jackiecapersbrown?locale.x=en_US)