EP 73: Healing Your Heart from Loss and Grief and Living Forward with Heather Leigh
Our guest today, Heather Leigh says, " Any change in our daily routines can possibly cause grief."
In the last episode of the Living a Healthy Heart Podcast Series, Heathe Leigh, a certified grief specialist, and educator shares her expertise about grief recovery and the importance of getting real about what we feel in order to move beyond our grief and live forward.
.As a grief recovery and healing specialist, Heather Leigh understands the effects a loss or tragedy can play in a person's life. Heather helps individuals and families deal with life’s icky/challenging moments. She's a death doula, apprentice funeral director, cemeterian, officiant, and grief recovery specialist.
Heather is often asked, “How did you end up in this business?” She feels and believes that her work is definitely a ministry, a calling per se, and her passion. In this episode, you'll hear her story of how she first got started on this path when she was a child.
You'll Learn In This Episode
- Why Heather believes everyone should spend more time in nature - especially around water
- How COVID has revealed to each of us the vices we have depended on in relationships to cover up emotions we haven't dealt with
- What STERBS is
- The subtle ways we learn as a child how to dismiss our emotions and what we need to do to honor the truth of our feelings and emotions
- What inspired her to embrace her great work of helping people navigate icky moments in life
- How she learned her ABC's in a cemetery
- How her superpower of getting to the heart of a situation by "cutting through the crap" has helped her to help clients get to "why" or "so what"
- How people hold onto grief as a badge of honor and the effects it has on their lives
- Common myths about grief and how to dismantle them
- Why we shouldn't tell anyone who is grieving, "I know how you feel"
- The power of gratitude and how it can help people live forward after loss and grief
- And much more...
Support the show (https://paypal.me/jackiecapersbrown?locale.x=en_US)