EP 81: Stand Out and Be Different with Author David C. Squires
As part of our third segment of the Author Showcase, we have in the guest chair today, David C. Squires, author of How I Became Beanie Dave. He asserts, "Just be yourself because no one can be a better you than you!"
David Christian Squires was born May 23, 2004. He always knew he was special. One day his grandmother told him the story of his birth. His umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck; but God made sure he was born without incident.
David was always extremely insightful into the needs of his brother and everyone around him. It's as if God gifted him to care for everyone.
Always asking questions. Always full of life and love David really fell in love with sports. Today David is a great student, notable football player, regional champion wrestler, track and field athlete, and an asset to anyone who has the pleasure of meeting him.
Beanie Dave is a fictional character David and his mom developed to share some of his real-life experiences with other kids who struggle with being unique too.
Empowering Insights You'll Gain from This Episode
- What he learned about himself with all the school changes he has had to endure due to the COVID pandemic
- Why it's important to him to stand out and accept that he is different
- How he and his mom developed the fictional character Beanie Dave for his first two books
- Being different doesn't mean that something is wrong with you
- Why he wore the same pair of black jeans every day during his 5th-grade year
- Why Spider-Man is his favorite superhero and how he emulates him in everyday life
- His marketing strategy for his books
- Advice he would give to teens and adults aspiring to write their first book
- And so much more
Contact David C. Squires
Contact Jackie Capers-Brown at www.jackiecapersbrown.com
Support the show (https://paypal.me/jackiecapersbrown?locale.x=en_US)