EP. 111: ADHD and Medical School with Dr. Diana Mercado
Join Tracy as she welcomes Dr. Diana Mercado to Episode 111 of ADHD for Smart Ass Women. Dr. Mercado is the daughter of Mexican immigrant workers. She graduated from St. Mary’s University in San Antonio with a Bachelor of Science in Biology and Chemistry, earned her medical degree from the University of Texas and did her residency at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. Diana became a family medicine physician so that minority patients would have a physician who “looks like them.” Today Dr. Diana Mercado is a Nurse Practitioner mentor, Clinic Medical Director and was just elected Chief Medical Officer for Jackson County Hospital in Texas.
Diana shares with us:
- Her struggles in medical school
- The circumstances surrounding her ADHD diagnosis
- Her symptoms in childhood
- What changed once she was diagnosed
- Her struggle with imposter syndrome
- The medication that works best for her
- The ADHD traits that make her a better doctor?
- What she believes to be the key to living successfully with ADHD
- Her interest in coaching
- Brooke Castillo, The Life Coach School
- Mydais Medication
- Dr. Diana Mercado's email: email@example.com