EP. 118: Sizing Down and Creating An Organized Home for ADHD Living with Francesca Rizzo
Join Tracy as she welcomes Francesca Rizzo to Episode 118 of ADHD for Smart Ass Women to share her tips on downsizing and setting up an organized home for ADHD living. Francesca Rizzo is a multi-media artist expressing powerful, provocative ideas in funny, human ways. Her work is prolific. The multiple medias she has distinguished herself in range from the fine arts and interior design to her work as an award-winning actor, writer, producer and director in theater, film, television and digital media.
As a college dropout, Francesca left NJ and struck out on her own at 19, mining her creative talents for skills she could use to pay the rent in New York City. Along the way she carved out a career as a children’s book illustrator, professional actor, co-founder of a downtown theater company and eventually, as a filmmaker and CEO of MovieBaby Productions, a Tribeca-based media company creating innovative videos, independent films and tv promotional campaigns. Does that sound ADHD or what?
When she lost Moviebaby and her Manhattan apartment after 9/11, she landed back in Jersey and went back to the basics, earning her degree in Media Arts as well as the SUNY Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence. While making her mark in the fine arts and interior design, she penned and performed three theatrical productions, curated The Cinema-Femina film series and, created Believe Women, a rape activist initiative that championed the Cosby survivors along their journey to justice.
- What made her downsize from a 3,000 square foot, 3-story home in New Jersey to a 600 square foot apartment in New York City
- The 3 requirements every item must meet to end up in Fran’s world
- How to let go of things and make room for those things that you really want in your life
- Her decision making tier of
- I love it
- I like it
- It does its job
- It annoys me
- I hate it
- When you need to just “pick the best”
- How she feels after getting rid of 98% of her possessions
- What she would do differently if she had to do it again
- How you can use Fran’s downsizing mindset to move through anything that causes you fear and overwhelm
- What the key to living successfully with ADHD is