EP. 121: ADHD and Hypersensitivities in Women with Terry Matlen, LMSW, ACSW
Join Tracy as she welcomes Terry Matlen to episode 121 of ADHD for Smart Ass Women. Terry Matlen, LMSW, ACSW, is an internationally recognized expert on ADHD in women. She is a psychotherapist, author, consultant, and coach.
With over 25 years of experience helping women with ADHD, Terry is a sought-after presenter at conferences, webinars, and interviews. She has written hundreds of articles for various publications, including ADDitude Magazine, Attention Magazine, Healthline.com, and more.
She served for many years on the board of directors of ADDA (Attention Deficit Disorder Assoc.) and is an immediate past coordinator of the E. Oakland County CHADD (Children and Adults with ADHD) Chapter in Michigan.
Terry has been interviewed by NPR, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Time Magazine, Glamour Magazine, and now ADHD for Smart Ass Women.
- The circumstances surrounding her own ADHD diagnosis
- What hypersensitivities are
- Whether or not ADHD women have more hypersensitivities than neurotypical women
- If hypersensitivities are more prevalent in one type of ADHD over another
- Whether or not women with hypersensitivities tend to have more comorbidities.
- Her own experiences with hypersensitivities
- How hypersensitivities make parenting with ADHD even more difficult
- Ways to work with hypersensitivities
Terry can be reached at terry@ADDconsults.com.