EP. 122: Women and ADHD Medication with Dr. Carolyn Lentzsch-Parcells
Join Tracy as she welcomes Dr. Carolyn Lentzsch-Parcells to Episode #122 of ADHD for Smart Ass Women where the conversation will be all about ADHD and medication.
Dr. Lentzsch-Parcells is a board-certified pediatrician and the owner and President of Girls to Women/Young Men’s Health and Wellness Fort Worth, a multi-faceted clinic providing integrated medical care dedicated to meeting the physical and emotional needs of young women and men from 10-25 years old.
As a physician with ADHD herself, Dr. Carolyn Lentzsch-Parcells has a special interest in caring for patients with ADHD and learning issues. She regularly speaks to parent, student, and professional audiences on subjects such as parenting, ADHD, depression, anxiety and stress, adolescent development, sexuality, preparing for college and medication.
- The circumstances surrounding her own ADHD diagnosis
- What changed once she was diagnosed?
- What it means to be a slow metabolizer
- The importance of setting expectations around medication
- Her opinion around women, anxiety and ADHD medication
- The various types of medication used for ADHD
- Medications used for Rejection Sensitive Dysphoria
- The medication that reduces the chance of misuse
- Her thoughts on genetic testing
- The medication that most 40+ women are usually prescribed
- What she believes the key to living successfully with ADHD is?