EP017: Every Professional in the Remote Space is a Leader and Needs Leadership Skills
In this episode of Remote Pathways we explore the importance of developing leadership skills in all remote workers, not just the formal leaders. The episode focuses on 11 core remote leadership skills Jennifer shares as virtual team leadership capabilities in Chapter 10 of Effective Virtual Conversations.
In this episode, we explore:
- Eleven core skills for remote or virtual leadership
- How you might consider building these skills as an organization in all your people- - from leveraging coaching skills training for all, to mentoring, to hosting lunch and learns, and virtual training.
The Remote Pathways podcast is co-hosted by Jennifer Britton and Michelle Mullins. It is based on the writing of Jennifer Britton, author of Remote Pathways.
This week's download
Self-Assessment - Every Remote Professional Needs Leadership Skills
This week's question
What are the leadership skills you want to focus on developing? What might they look like?
Join the conversation on our next community call
Thursday, July 23rd @ 7:30 am ET on Zoom (check Remote Pathways Facebook page for details) where you can connect directly with Jennifer and Michelle!
Check out the Resource Hub and contact Jennifer and Michelle!
Let's Talk Remote Leadership!
Thanks for joining us. Please share this with others who can benefit from learning more leadership in the remote space. Let us know if we can support you!
Explore these resources:
- Pick up a copy of the analog (paper based) PlanDoTrack workbook and planner for virtual and remote professionals at Amazon - complete a more detailed remote skills self-assessment in Chapter 1
- Pick up a copy of Effective Virtual Conversations at Amazon and look at Chapter 11 and the Focus on Virtual Team Leadership Capabilities
- Check out the Remote Working Tips at PlanDoTrack.com
MORE Remote Pathways Programming and supports
- Consulting support as you go to virtualize
- Reach out to us to facilitate a lunch and learn (virtual), co-working session or Team Day
Need a Presenter?
- Contact Jennifer to speak virtually on topics related to effective virtual conversations, virtual team development, virtual team leadership, growing a solopreneur business OR her own experience in leading remote teams globally in the voluntary sector.
- Contact Michelle to explore 1-1 leadership development opportunities and/or bringing interactive and immersive Strengths-Based seminars and training events to your group/team.
Jennifer also mentioned the Everything DiSC® Agile EQ™ is a classroom training and personalized learning experience that teaches participants to read the emotional and interpersonal needs of a situation and respond accordingly. By combining the personalized insights of DiSC® with active emotional intelligence development, participants discover an agile approach to workplace interactions and learn to navigate outside their comfort zone, empowering them to meet the demands of any situation. The result is an emotionally intelligent workforce that can support your thriving agile culture. This is offered through Potentials Realized, an Everything DiSC Partner.