EP018: Leadership Consultant and Coach, Guest Cindy Hooker
In this episode of Remote Pathways we welcome Cindy Hooker. Cindy is a Small Business Human Resources and Leadership Advisor, Facilitator, U.S. Navy Veteran and dog lover. We explore the benefits and challenges of project management in the remote space and tools, tips, and resources that can help in your endeavors.
In this episode, we explore:
- Cindy's remote working story
- Her transition from Human Resources to Remotepreneur as consultant and coach
- The importance of organizing and setting boundaries
- The gift of seeing the human side of business as we blend work and home life
- Creating connection and an environment that honors different styles
The Remote Pathways podcast is co-hosted by Jennifer Britton and Michelle Mullins. It is based on the writing of Jennifer Britton, author of Remote Pathways.
Connect with Cindy on our Guest Page
Guest Cindy Hooker
This week's download from PlanDoTrack Workbook and Planner
Monthly One Page Plan
This week's question
What boundaries do you need to establish in your work?
Join the conversation on our next community call
Thursday, August 6th @ 7:00 am ET on Zoom (check Remote Pathways Facebook page for details) where you can connect directly with Jennifer and Michelle!
Check out the Resource Hub and contact Jennifer and Michelle!
Let's Talk Project Management!
Thanks for joining us. Please share this with others who can benefit from learning more leadership in the remote space. Let us know if we can support you!
Explore these resources:
- Pick up a copy of the analog (paper based) PlanDoTrack workbook and planner for virtual and remote professionals at Amazon
- Pick up a copy of Effective Virtual Conversations at Amazon and look at Chapter 11 and the Focus on Virtual Team Leadership Capabilities
- Check out the Remote Working Tips at PlanDoTrack.com
MORE Remote Pathways Programming and supports
- Consulting support as you go to virtualize
- Reach out to us to facilitate a lunch and learn (virtual), co-working session or Team Day
- Participate in the Living the Remote Dream webinar
Need a Presenter?
- Contact Jennifer to speak virtually on topics related to effective virtual conversations, virtual team development, virtual team leadership, growing a solopreneur business OR her own experience in leading remote teams globally in the voluntary sector.
- Contact Michelle to explore 1-1 leadership development opportunities and/or bringing interactive and immersive Strengths-Based seminars and training events to your group/team.
Jennifer also mentioned the Everything DiSC® Agile EQ™ is a classroom training and personalized learning experience that teaches participants to read the emotional and interpersonal needs of a situation and respond accordingly. By combining the personalized insights of DiSC® with active emotional intelligence development, participants discover an agile approach to workplace interactions and learn to navigate outside their comfort zone, empowering them to meet the demands of any situation. The result is an emotionally intelligent workforce that can support your thriving agile culture. This is offered through Potentials